"Don’t wear a hoodie if you don’t want to be mistaken for a criminal and shot."
"Don’t get drunk at a party if you don’t want to be sexually assaulted."
"Don’t argue with a cop if you don’t want to get killed."
"Don’t walk home by yourself if you don’t want to get raped."
THE ACCURACY IS OVERWHELMING.
The most perfect description of Sarah Palin I’ve ever seen O.O;
Dagger blades from Grave Circle A at Mycenae, c. 1600-1100 BCE. Both made of bronze, the first is inlaid with gold and niello, and the second has been inlaid with gold, silver and niello.
this is literally the greatest post on tumblr
this post was sent from heaven
Harry Potter au where Harry didn’t lose being a parsletongue and Albus buys a snake as a pet one year because snakes are cool and one day just walks in on Harry and the snake having a deep conversation
Albus is 17 and loses his virginity in his room and forgets the snake talks to his dad and when Harry gets home the snake is all like OH MY GOSH YOU’D NEVER GUESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS WHAT HAPPENED
Buddha statue disfigured by atom bomb. From Tsuchida Hiromi’s “Hiroshima Collection” #yokohamatriennale #japan (at Port of Yokohama)
Tsuchida Hiromi’s “Hiroshima Collection” are his striking photographs of the aftermath of the atomic bomb.
Today is the 69th anniversary of the bombing of Hiroshima.
Favorite Comics Week: Man out of Time (by Mark Waid)
My all time FAVORITE Captain America comic of all time is a single trade paperback by Mark Waid: “Captain America: Man out of Time”. Basically it’s the updated-for-the-21st-century story of Cap’s freezing, unfreezing, and first couple months getting his footing as an Avenger (since the original story happened in the 60’s, so, yeah, a little bit has changed since then).
Things to absolutely love about this comic:
- Steve being fascinated/thrilled with spaceflight as Tony takes him on a tour of the Smithsonean
- Steve being even mORE fascinated/thrilled/pleased/speechless over the Civil Rights movement and the changes he experiences first-hand in the 21st century.
- Steve being super sad over Bucky (okay but when is he NOT)
- Tony Stark (as Mr. Stark, not Iron Man—secret identity!!) introducing Steve to all the wonders of the 21st century, including cellphones, private jets, and Radiohead. Steve taking it all in stride and getting in a few teases at Tony’s expenses in return.
- Just. Steve. Being STEVE. And so sweet and wonderful. And Jorge Molina’s art!!!! He’s one of my favorite artists <3 <3
How can you make the two greatest assassins in the universe completely useless and boring?
I loved GotG, but this is fantastic and true.